How to Be Proactive With Your Identity Security
In our data-rich culture, are you taking control of your information? Today, we are concluding our Identity Protection Video Series with LifeLock’s Chief of Identity Education, Paige Hanson. This final video ends the series with a bang! Watch this 3-minute video to learn how to be proactive with your identity security.
Why Proactive Protection?
In this final video, Paige reveals her tips and tricks on the proactive protection of your personal information. This video will give you key takeaways and practical steps to keep your identity information safe!
Take Control of Your Information
- When you are filling out forms, you can ask, “Do you really need my Social Security number?”
- And if they don’t, you’re protecting more of your information.
Monitor Your Information
- Check your Credit. The Federal Government allows you to get a free copy of your credit report every 12 months from each credit reporting company. Paige recommends www.annualcreditreport.com.
- Check your Social Security Payments. You can check your deposit amounts and see what you have paid to better plan for retirement and track your accounts. Paige recommends www.ssa.gov.
- Monitor your Medical Information. Check what information insurance companies have on you. Paige recommends www.mib.com.
The Fair Credit Reporting Act requires companies who gather your personal information to give you annual access to your report, and you can request access. It’s time to take control of your information and monitor your information.
It’s time to take control & monitor your information.
If you’ve enjoyed this video series, or you have yet to watch all the videos in the series, check out our helpful Identity Protection Series, featuring over 25 unique resources for you and your business!
In this series, you can watch all the videos in one place and even download them. View them on the go or present them at your next business meeting for some employee training – win-win! It’s the ultimate resource for business owners who value their identity protection.
We hope you’ve enjoyed these videos as much as we’ve enjoyed providing you with the educational tools necessary to secure and protect yourself in an increasingly vulnerable world. We’d like to thank Paige Hanson of LifeLock for her invaluable insight into identity protection and cybersecurity, Brad White of Square Pictures for his help in producing these incredible videos, and most importantly, you, our readers and viewers. Thank you for taking ownership of your identity protection and taking the steps necessary to ensure that you are keeping your information safe.